Monday, September 13, 2010

Just another manic Monday! oh-woe!

Who can name the artist of that song...anyone?

Today has definitely been a manic Monday. I do wish it was Sunday. Because then I would know to NOT get out of bed on Monday morning! oh-woe!

Ok, enough of that.

Why do ALL the errands and chores always to fall onto one day? Why do I not spread them out more? I don't know, but I do know I'm one tired lady..


Today started at 10pm last night for me. That's right, another night on the couch with little Steven. Only, last night he was jumping on the couch like a crazy person so I slept on the floor....not sure what that was about. But I do know my back is killing me. How is it you can fold yourself like a pretzel when you are 10 but after you become a parent you loose all flexibility and all tolerance for sleeping on the floor? Whatever.

Anyways,

Lets recap what kept us Trowbridges so busy today shall we?
Ran to mailpak to mail some letters
Bank-Deposit rebate checks (love getting rebate checks in the mail!)
CVS-shop for deals this week (they were already out of all the items I was going to get!)
Take Steven home for a nap.
Jake and I went out to Wash the truck. AKA Jake gets an Ice Cream cone and watches mommy labor under the hot sun and frantically try to wash bird poop off the truck. That kid knows how to work a situation....
1hour later the truck was washed and vacuumed.
THEN, we came home to wipe the inside down, detail the tires and wipe the insides of the windows. Sometimes I hate cars.
So another hour later, the truck was REALLY clean. But then, as luck would have it, it began to rain.......

Then we went back out for some lunch. We were originally going to just pick up some food, but we decided to dine in the restaurant. Then, as luck would have it, Steven had a stinky diaper. And guess what I didn't have? The freaking diaper bag! And I had to sit next to the little guy! At least there was no one sitting in the booth next to us. I would have felt REALLY bad for them.

Then we went to the recycling center to drop off 8 bins of trash. After poor Dave battled a swarm of bees while trying to help get everything out of the truck, we finally went home.

On a much happier note, let me show you a couple of sweet deals I got!


Backing up a bit, last week I received a $21.00 rebate for some diapers I didn't even pay for in the first place. So it was like free money!
I've been trying to decide what to do with the extra money, then I saw this Target diaper deal and decided to stock up on diapers....


The deal was when you buy 2 huggies natural diapers you receive a $5 gift card.
So the transaction went like this...
2 pkgs huggies diapers $39.94
- $12 in coupons
- $21.00 in rebate money
= $6.94 for 100 diapers!
PLUS, I received a $5 gift card
So it was "like" I paid $1.94

I used the $5.00 gift card to buy a huge box of chalk on clearance and 6 little cups for my boys. Not a bad Target trip at all.

Then I ran to Walmart because all the coupon blogs said cream cheese was on rollback for a buck and I have a coupon that would have made it free.


They didn't have the cream cheese on rollback at my store, but I did manage to get all this for free! The fizzy tub colors are $0.97 and there is a $1 coupon
The shick razors are $1.97 and I had a $2.00 coupon
The milano cookies are on sale for $1.00 at CVS this week and there is a $1.00 coupon. I just went ahead and had Walmart price match. I also ordered 20 $0.60 off one pkg coupons so that will hopefully mean I can stock up big time on cookies for $0.40 ea!! I really hope my coupons get here by the end of the week!

So anyways there you have it. Our manic Monday. And it's not even 6. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment