Monday, August 9, 2010

The good, geat, bad, good day

The day started off pretty good. Kids were behaving. Nothing was broken(yet). Then I got the mail. In it?

My yogurt coupons I ordered from ebay(awesome!), a free candle from glade, and my electric bill. Now, normally I hold my breath while reading this because it is always over $230.00. But today, today it was $85.55!!! YEAH!!!! Are you kidding me? I can't remember the last time it was under $100.00. We live in South Texas, its very hot down here so we HAVE to run the A/C. So what made the difference you ask? UNPLUGGING EVERYTHING. That's right, unplug your washer, dryer, microwave, TV EVERYTHING. Unplug it. Its a little annoying at first, but I saved $145.00 in one month. AND, I didn't even start at the beginning of the billing cycle! So next month should be even less! Woo Hoo!

Ok, moving on, now for the bad part.

When I went outside later I discovered something. Our trash can had been stolen! Yes, our trash can! There had been a delivery truck outside earlier that day and I hadn't paid any attention to it, but I'm guessing it was them that took it. I called my garbage company to double check it wasn't them. The lady I spoke to said it happens ALL THE TIME and before they could supply me with a new one, I had to make a police report. So, I called the police, and the not so nice police officer I spoke to had a hard time understanding why I would report such a thing and started to laugh at me. So what did I do? I channelled the inner red Leah who doesn't get to come out very often and I made that police officer apologize to me(in retrospect, I probably got a little sassier than I should have with a police officer, but I apparently DO NOT like being laughed at).

So, now I am just waiting for some one to call me and I guess I just tell them the same thing I have already told 3 people. Whatever. All I want is a new trash can.

But I can't stop thinking, why the heck would someone take MY garbage can? I checked my neighbours, they still have theirs. Maybe the thieves thought they would get some personal information for our trash? Ha, too bad for them I shred EVERYTHING. All they are going to find are a lot of stinky diapers. Courtesy of Steven.

The End.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! Stupid thieves!!! I'm sorry you've had such a bad day, Leak! I'll call you tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet tip on unplugging everything. We're going to do that more. Do you even unplug like the washer and drier? Obviously not the fridge. . .

    What DOESN"T get stolen down there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jan! Yep I just unplug all of it. Even the washer and dryer. That was the big difference I think.

    No kidding. The garbage lady said it happen all the time because people down here don't want to pay for two trash cans, so they swipe them. Its a joke down here.

    ReplyDelete