Monday, August 23, 2010

Last weeks shopping deals

Last week was crazy for us. Not really sure why, it just wound up being crazy. Tax free weekend was part of the craziness. But we got some great deals on clothing.

Anyways, last week at CVS was really great and I went a total of 4 times.

Here are the pictures of each trip






I paid a total of $14.48 which is way out of my $5 a week budget, but I saved over $170 at CVS this week.

Then I went to Target. Target didn't have very good deals last week but I still got a few things.


The soup, ice cream, glade candles and pens were free. I had to buy more kashi bars because my kids ALREADY ATE all 6 boxes I got a few weeks ago! Can you believe it?
I spent $21.07 and saved $20.04 Not bad

Then to oh so fun Walmart




The Cinnabon cereal is $2 a box and there are $1.00 off any Cinnabon product in last weeks Parade magazine. So a buck a box is a good deal for cereal down here. The crest kids toothpast was free from the $1 off any kids crest coupon (you can still buy these on Ebay) so I grabbed 12 free toothpastes! There was a lady in the toothpaste isle getting the crest toothpaste as well, so I offered her one of my coupons. I was explaining to her that if she used the coupon it would make the toothpaste free. It seemed like she was having a really hard time understanding that the toothpaste could be free. I think she thought I was trying to scam her or something. She just kept looking at my funny, trying to understand what I was telling her. I'm sure I would have been the same way before I started using coupons. Its VERY surprising all the products you can get for free or cheap using coupons. I for one am very happy to coupon. I've also been thinking about teaching some couponing classes down here. It doesn't seem like a lot of people down here do it, so it may be an opportunity to earn some money. But then I keep thinking I would create an army of couponers (do you like all these new words I'm inventing?) that I would have to compete with. Hmmmm......I will have to think about it for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment